Minutes of the Parochial Church Council, St. Peterís Draycott

Held on 30/05/2006 at 7:30 p.m. in the church.

 

Return to main site

1.†††† Opening prayers. 1

2.†††† Attendance and apologies. 1

3.†††† Minutes of previous meeting. 1

4.†††† Arising, actions. 1

5.†††† Any other business. 1

6.†††† Items for Decision. 2

6 a.††††† Election of PCC Treasurer. 2

6 b.†††† Font. 2

6 c††††† Church Army: Posada. 2

7.†††† Items for Discussion. 2

7 a.††††† Worship. 2

7 b.†††† LMG.. 3

7 c.††††† Fabric. 3

7 d.†††† Finance. 3

7 e.††††† Fund raising. 3

8.†††† New business. 3

8 a.††††† Visitors from the community. 3

8 b.†††† Church opening. 3

9.†††† Dates. 3

10.††††† Closing prayer 3

 

1.      Opening prayers

Stanley opened the meeting with a prayer. Tricia Heckbert took the chair.

2.      Attendance and apologies

Present

David Cheetham

Richard Dingley Sylvia Dingley Chris Green

Tricia Heckbert Colette Jeff

 

DC

RD

SD

CG

TH

CJ

Thea Oliver

Stanley Price

 

Apologies

John Cartwright

Wendy Cartwright Victor Skinner

TO

SP

 

 

JC

WC

VS

3.      Minutes of previous meeting

Minutes of the 02/05/2006 meeting were agreed as accurate.

4.      Arising, actions

(not covered in Agenda)

from minutes previous to 30/05/06

7 e. (German War Graves Commission). Letter written, awaiting response.
8 d (Magazine) Still to raise with Heather Robinson (ACTION RD).

from minutes of 30/05/06

7 a. ii. (Special duties in Church) CJ had provided SP with a draft copy.

7 a. iii. (liturgy for 1st Sunday of month) This had been done.

5.      Any other business

3 extra items were inserted into agenda

6.      Items for Decision

6 a.††††† Election of PCC Treasurer.

David Cheetham said that he was willing to stand as PCC treasurer. He was proposed for this post by SP, seconded by CJ. All were in favour, and he was declared elected. The PCC thanked him for taking this on so soon after he had joined the PCC.

6 b.††††† Font.

Stanley's request was discussed at the DAC on 17th May.

ACTION: SP will reply to the DAC in time for the next DAC meeting.

6 c†††††† Church Army: Posada.

The materials are being revised, and feedback requesed.

ACTION: All to look at Church Army website (http://www.churcharmy.org.uk/ChurchArmy/web/site/ChurchArmy/SupportUs/HelpForParishes/Posada.asp) and feed back to RD.

7.      Items for Discussion

7 a.††††† Worship

i.            Special duties:
ACTION:

Every office holder is asked to write down their own job description:

      Cleaning/coffee rota: TH

      Celebrant: SP

      Churchwarden: RD & TO

      Treasurer: WC (CG to ask)

      Covenant secretary: JC (CG to ask)

      Organist: Gordon Jeff (CJ to ask)

ii.           Informal worship on the 1st of the month.

      This had received a favourable response

      DC: the Iona service is not suitable for great festivals (this was agreed- it was due to a confusion that it had been used for Easter).

7 b.††††† LMG

      The 2nd Saturday prayer meeting was rather lightly attended. The next will be on 10th June, 8-9 am in Axbridge.

      There will be a skittles match on the 21st July- tickets are available.

      The next pulpit exchange is in November.

      Clergy and readers meet every Thursday at 9.

7 c.††††† Fabric

The new roof leaks! Rain is dripping through the rope holes (and has always done so). How are they secured normally?
ACTION: RD will inform builder.

We are short of 1 cruet.
ACTION: we should look out for a new one.

7 d.††††† Finance.

(CJ). Over £2000 has been received from the IR and paid in. There were also 2 cheques for a total of £9,600 from English Heritage. There are 2 bills and some money in the safe.

Wendy will do a had-over to DC. We also need to authorise his signature for church accounts. It would be a good idea to have a fifth signatory.

ACTION: CG to ask Wendy on both counts.

7 e.††††† Fund raising.

(VS absent).

8.      New business

8 a.††††† Visitors from the community.

SP raised the subject of Richard Jenner, a needy member of the community whom we are perhaps not doing enough to help. Suggestion: invite him to church? NB. he comes anyway! Perhaps we simply need to make sure that we always have some refreshments for him or other occasional visitors.

8 b.††††† Church opening.

In view of the font and thefts of valuable items from other churches, it was agreed that we would keep the church closed as a temporary measure.

9.      Dates

Next PCC meeting: Monday 26th June at 7:30 in the church.

Following meeting: Monday 31st July at 7:30 in the church.

10. Closing prayer

The meeting was closed with the Grace.

Return to main site