Minutes of the Parochial Church Council, St. Peterís Draycott

Held on 02/05/2006 at 7:30 p.m. in the church.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

 

Return to main site

1.†††† Opening prayers. 1

2.†††† Attendance and apologies. 1

3.†††† Minutes of previous meeting. 1

4.†††† Arising, actions. 1

5.†††† Any other business. 2

6.†††† Items for Decision. 2

6 a.††††† Maundy Thursday. 2

6 b.†††† Election of officers. 2

6 c††††† Font. 3

6 d††††† Visitation. 3

7.†††† Items for Discussion. 3

7 a.††††† Worship. 3

7 b.†††† LMG.. 3

7 c.††††† Fabric. 3

7 d.†††† Finance. 3

7 e.††††† Fund raising. 3

7 f.††††† APCM minutes. 4

7 e.††††† APCM action: magazine. 4

8.†††† New business. 4

9.†††† Dates. 4

10.††††† Closing prayer 4

 

1.      Opening prayers

Stanley opened the meeting with a prayer and took the chair.

2.      Attendance and apologies

Present

John Cartwright Wendy Cartwright

David Cheetham

Chris Green

Tricia Heckbert Colette Jeff

Thea Oliver

 

JC

WC

DC

CG

TH

CJ

TO

 

Stanley Price

Victor Skinner Lorne Talbot

 

Apologies

Richard Dingley Sylvia Dingley

 

SP

VS

LT

 

 

RD

SD

3.      Minutes of previous meeting

Minutes of 27/02/2006 meeting were agreed as accurate.

4.      Arising, actions

(not covered in Agenda)

from minutes previous to 27/02/06

7 e. (German War Graves Commission). JC discovered that the diocese still receives this money annually.
ACTION: CG to write to Jonathan Cox at diocesan office. Since it seems as if the crosses have disappeared, would a memorial be appropriate?

8 d (Magazine) Will need to ask Richard again when he is back (ACTION CG).

from minutes of 27/02/06

6 c. (Font- initial contact with diocese). SP has raised the sale of the font at the DAC meeting this month. Earliest sale would be July.
ACTION: Next step- letters to other interested parties (SP).

6 e. (Magnificat). SP decided to nominate churchwardens for this.

6 f. (TEN for Maundy Thursday service). Done. NB. This costs £21 a time. We can legally avoid this in future by not including alcohol officially in the price of tickets.

7 c. i. (completion of roof) All done

7 c. ii. (postponed until the font sale is decided

7 c. iii. (replacement spot light) did not get around to this

7 c. iv. (blocked drain) not done yet.

7 d. (last instalment for roof) £9,600 to come soon.

7 d. (rotas) Colette has agreed to take this on. She has the clipboard.

5.      Any other business

TO announced some additional business

6.      Items for Decision

6 a.††††† Maundy Thursday.

i.        Surplus

After an initial assessment of costs it had been thought that we had a surplus of £74 from ticked sales (£5 each). RD & SP suggested this might be donated to the Sisters of the Church, but this had been questioned. What does the meeting think?

There were further costs that had not been considered- heating, lighting and the TEN. Given the state of our finances we cannot afford not to take these into account.This still left £30, which we would send. All agreed with this.

ACTION:In future, we should consult the charitable giving committee and the treasurer at an earlier stage on matters of this kind.

ii.       Feedback

This had been a very well-attended and successful event. However TO had not been consulted over catering and did not understand until the last minute that she was expected to undertake the bulk of it. She pointed out that quite apart from the lack of notice she did not have the necessary food certificates to do it.
ACTION: We cannot undertake anything like this in future without better planning and consultation. Perhaps a future Maundy Thursday can be a foot washing service?

6 b.††††† Election of officers.

Lay chair: Tricia Heckbert (prop. TO, sec. WC, nem. con.)

Secretary: Chris Green (prop. JC, sec. CJ nem. con.)

Treasurer: David Cheetham was approached and agreed to consider it. He was assured that it was essentially a book-keeping role, and financial planning lay with the PCC.

Covenant Secretary. Still vacant.

6 c†††††† Font.

(ongoing discussions)

6 d†††††† Visitation.

The archidiaconal visitation is on May 16th. To will be attending, and clarified some issues on the Articles of Enquiry at the meeting.

7.      Items for Discussion

7 a.††††† Worship

i.            Worship group: meeting next week. SP wants to revisit ideas for special services.

ii.           Special duties. Practical preparations for services has become rather chaotic and the 'busyness' is not conducive to the right frame of mind at the start of worship.
ACTION: CJ to list the duties; SP will define what needs to be done; CG will produce a fair copy that can be shared with all concerned.

iii.         First Sunday of the month. This will be an informal communion, using the draft liturgy previously circulated by Stanley.
ACTION (all). Let SP know of any changes

7 b.††††† LMG

This has been working well, with weekly prayers on Thursday mornings, and monthly meetings on a Saturday. There is to be an enlargement of the planning meeting, to take place every 6 weeks. Ann Wait is the administrator for this.

7 c.††††† Fabric

(Already discussed under matters arising)

7 d.††††† Finance.

Accounts were circulated by WC.

We hope to receive £9,600 this week from English Heritage. The balance on completion of works will be £1,500. We should get a grant from Wyvern Environmental Trust for £1,300 of this.

Covenanting: JC reported that in 2006 we should receive £617 more in income tax reimbursement than in 2005.

The meeting thanked both Wendy and John.

7 e.††††† Fund raising.

Victor and Rita are planning another bookstall for June/July.

Victor has applied for a draw licence.

The meeting thanked Victor for all his hard work.

7 f.†††††† APCM minutes

These have been published on the website (under http://www.rodneystokewithdraycott.org.uk/Draycott/Reports/Reports.htm) and were also printed and would be fixed to the inner church notice board.

7 e.††††† APCM action: magazine

As promised at the APCM, CG had prepared an article reporting on the APCM. This has appeared in the May edition. Further ideas on enlivening magazine content (as mentioned in the APCM) could be discussed in a future PCC.

8.      New business

No items of new business had been tabled.

9.      Dates

Next PCC meeting: Tuesday 30th May at 7:30 in the church.

10. Closing prayer

Return to main site