Held on 21/06/2004 at 7:30 p.m. in the church.
Richard Dingley opened the meeting with a prayer and took the chair.
John Cartwright Wendy Cartwright
Minutes of 17th May were agreed as correct.
7 b. (Hearing loop etc.) We have started to get Christian Oliver to look at a speaker/amplifier system. If usable this might be a temporary expedient. ACTION: wait for a report back.
7 c. (Payment of parish share). £1000 has now been paid.
7 e. (Area for cremated remains- sandblasting chain). Wilf reported that he can get this done for free. ACTION: please go ahead!
(raised 17th May)
5 Ash tree in churchyard. This is not really our responsibility.
6 a. (Advertising
for a new treasurer). This had not yet been done- not assigned to anyone!
ACTION: CG to put something in the July/ August magazine (copy date for July passed)
7 c. (Boiler servicing). This has been done, by Chris Hill of Horwood Plumbing & Heating. The boiler is in good condition.
7 g. (Clypping service). We need 15 people for this, to take place at 2:30.
8 b. (Church publicity). Victor has had an article published in the local paper. He may do another one for the Grapevine.
Stanley had circulated a letter concerning a requirement for faculties to make safe monuments in open churchyards. This did not apply to us. ACTION: for filing- no further action.
We to authorise the architect
to action the next phase.
ACTION: RD will contact Mr. Chedburn and ask him to proceed with planning the works to be covered by the lottery grant- also with those required by the Disabilities Discrimination Act legislation.
Wilf said that the church should be
available for use by the babies and toddlers group.
ACTION: Thea has already been in touch with them.
Julie has written
asking this to be raised at our meeting (letter printed on the back of the
ACTION: We should review Rodney Stoke’s solution to this when it is finished before taking further action.
The secretary brought to the
meeting’s attention that the draft minutes of the APCM were now available for
ACTION: Printed minutes to be displayed on the notice board inside the church; electronic version on the website.
The current project for the worship group is the
questionnaire. This needs closure.
ACTION: RD will announce a closing date of Sunday 11th July.
Can we ask the architect
that the gap between the roof and west wall be sealed, as mess from the bats
gets into the church this way. (Perhaps this is best dealt with as part of the
ACTION: RD to take up with Mr. Chedburn.
· We have just received a cheque for £607 in settlement of an insurance claim for storm damage to the roof in 2002, after a supporting statement was provided by West Country Tiling. The meeting thanked John Cartwright for his persistence in seeing this through.
· The Cheddar Male Voice Choir event raised approximately £900. The evening was very successful.
· We took £155 from book sales at the Strawberry Fayer.
· The £4,500 from English Heritage was with us on 3rd June.
· Two further fund-raising book sales are planned: 3rd July (Lions event, at Fairlands); 17th July (Wells market).
· We have booked the village hall 7th May 2005 for a VE day dance.
· Names of raffle prize winners have been displayed at the Post Office
CG updated the meeting on Web site developments. The next development will be a site with pictures of church events that have taken place.
The diocesan handbook return had been completed and sent.
Next PCC meeting: 20th July (confirmed).
The meeting closed with the Grace.